This SXSW, explore Austin's waterways in a group kayak excursion from Lady Bird Lake to the emerald green pools of locally-loved Barton Springs.
Barton Springs is a beautiful stretch of tepid water, fed from underground springs and perfect for paddling, wading, floating, swimming, and pool partying. We've partnered with Congress Avenue Kayaks to lead a free excursion from the Waller Creek Boathouse on Lady Bird Lake to explore the shimmering waters of Barton Springs. Both single and double kayaks will be available to borrow.
On a first-come, first-serve basis, as sizes permit, kayakers will have an opportunity to test GORE-TEX INFINIUMTM Stretch Gloves and jackets with GORE-TEX SHAKEDRY® product technology.
This excursion is part of In the Element, a two-day activation presented by Atlas Obscura & GORE-TEX Brands at the Waller Creek Boathouse on Lady Bird Lake.
- Kayaks will be provided!
- Testing of GORE-TEX Brand Products available on a first come, first serve basis as sizes permit.
- Optional - bring a swimsuit if you'd like to jump into the springs!
- As an extension of In the Element, this event is strictly 21+; I.D. required.
- Limited capacity; priority given to SXSW badge holders.
- Advance RSVP is highly recommended.
Email Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org.