Have you ever wondered why so many doves and lambs can be seen on old grave markers? Or why most grave markers point to the east? Join Atlas Obscura and the Museum of Boulder to explore these and many other interesting questions during a walking tour of Boulder’s historic Columbia Cemetery led by Mary Reilly-McNellan, retired cemetery preservation manager. This tour will discuss the history of this fascinating Victorian-era cemetery, and you will learn how to “read” the clues found on the headstones.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for a prompt check-in time.
- Appropriate for ages 11+.
- Please bring water and wear appropriate footwear.
- We will meet at the entrance to Columbia Cemetery at the corner of Pleasant and Ninth St in Boulder.
- Event will run rain or shine.
Email Crystal Lohman at email@example.com.
Stay connected! Check out our other events; join our Facebook Group for discussions, photos, and like-minded adventurers; subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.