Join Field Agent Robert Hemedes on a full day trip to Tijuana, the wonderfully eclectic sister city of San Diego.
Tijuana is the most populous city in the Baja region and a melting pot of residents from across the country. The unique blend of customs and cultures from all over Mexico and the U.S. results in an eclectic hodgepodge of art, architecture, and a hybrid cuisine Tijuana calls its very own.
Atlas Obscura has partnered with Turista Libre to create and curate this unique adventure that will explore a few of our favorite spots in the city. Traveling by bus, we'll visit select sites including:
La Mona: A five-story-tall nude woman that is both a sculpture and the residence of the artist and owner Armando Garcia.
Panteón Puerta Blanca: The oldest public cemetery with a shrine dedicated to Juan Soldado (Juan the Soldier), the folk saint of undocumented migrants.
The Border Wall: See the wall from the other side and visit the “Door of Hope.”
- We will meet at the Pedwest U.S. Border Crossing Station and cross the border together by foot.
- It's crucial you arrive on time for this event. There are no refunds for people who miss the meet-up and we are not able to wait for those who arrive late. Plan your route ahead to assure on-time arrival.
- All attendees must be U.S. citizens and must bring a valid U.S. passport.
- Ages 18 and up.
- Be prepared for a full day of walking and standing, especially during border crossings.
- Trip includes round-trip border transportation, a meal, and a craft beer sample. Bring extra cash if you want to buy additional food or souvenirs. Tijuana merchants readily accept U.S. dollars.
- Our return time is estimated and subject to change based on traffic, weather, and other variables.
- A liability waiver is required for this event.
Email Robert Hemedes at robert@.
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.