Join Field Agent Benjamin Harmon for an after-hours tour of the newly opened location of the Valley Relics Museum at the Van Nuys airport. The museum’s founder and curator Tommy Gelinas, a lifetime Valley resident, will lead us back in time through his large collection, showcasing everything from vintage neon signs to old school BMX bikes to an antique automobile bedazzled in coins and six-shooters, designed by Nudie Cohn and aptly named the nudie mobile.
The event will include two very notable docents, Julie and Bob Ream, a husband and wife super duo. Julie, a writer, historian and western cowboy enthusiast, will share stories of singing cowboys and the Hollywood western film industry. Her husband Bob, who spent 45 years at Lockheed Aircraft Company, will share his knowledge of the aviation industry. We'll have access to the small free-play arcade, complete with vintage pinball machines, and additional surprise treasures that regular visitors don't get to see.
And like, ya know... don't be a total ditz without a credit card, be sure to bring some money, cuz like seriously, the gift shop sells some totally betchin' (reprinted) vintage shirts. And we totally get 15% off all items for the event. It's gonna be tre zlint to the max! If you don't know what I'm talkin' about then you better get on it and do your valley speak research!
- Family-friendly! All ages welcome.
- Van Nuys airport is approximately 19 miles from central LA. Please allow plenty of travel time.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for at least one hour of standing and walking.
- RAIN OR SHINE! This event will take place rain or shine.
- Bring your camera and share your photos with us! #atlasobscura
- Super cool vintage t-shirts and other items will be available for purchase, so clean out under those couch cushions.
- Free parking onsite/nearby.
Email Benjamin Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.