Explore the shadowy half-world of 19th-century Market Street—"Hell’s Swift Alley"—and the lives, loves, and tragic losses of the notorious madams, demimondaine, and soiled doves that plied their trade in Denver’s vice district. We’ll pay a call to some of Denver’s former gilded sin-palaces and walk along the streets where nymphs du pave sold companionship and sundry jollifications.
Stops will include Jennie Rogers’ glittering House of Mirrors, the vestiges of Mattie Silks’ opulent parlour houses, and the lowly cribs of ill repute that made these streets the “most wicked in the west.” Libations will be available for purchase in sporting establishments en route and we’ll end our gamboling in the boudoir-themed Ophelia’s Electric Soapbox, formerly Kopper’s Hotel and Saloon and the historic host of many an assignation.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the 2:30 p.m. start time to get checked in.
- Meet at Lodo’s Bar & Grill,1946 Market St. Look for signs pointing to the Atlas Obscura Society.
- Due to the adult subject matter and availability of adult beverages, this event is strictly 21+; please bring I.D.
- Comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate attire encouraged.
- Event will run rain or shine.
Join our Facebook Group for discussions, photos, and likeminded adventurers.
Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver Newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.