Denver’s oldest quarter has been a mining camp, a beer bastion, a hotbed of corruption and dirty politics, home to an Israeli Prime Minister, haven for Denver’s original hispanic enclave, and a mega-mall.
We’ll join neighborhood linchpin & CEO of the Auraria Higher Education Center, Barb Weiske, for a walk to remember - through Auraria’s Historic 9th St park. Barb will share secret stories and little known history, plus her own insider perspective on where the ‘hood is headed. Afterwards, we’ll stroll over to the Tivoli for beer tasting and a behind-the-scenes taproom tour of Denver’s first brewery.
Did we mention they’ve also offered us bo-go beers to boot?
• Please meet Joseph and Barb in front of the Mercantile Bldg at 9th St & Curtis (signs will be posted, map linked below)
• Discounted student tickets also available (must have current, valid student I.D. onsite)
• Please reserve tickets 72 hours in advance, if possible (ticket sales close 30mns before event starts) - Barb and our Tivoli hosts need time to prepare us a warm welcome!
• Feel free to bring a notebook and camera - and anything else you might need to make the most of this urban exploration
• Buy-one-get-one pints available to guests who desire
• Suitable for ages 13+ - beer will be served for 21+ guests with I.D.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.