Explore the weird, the curious, and the wonderful from the world of zines then try your hand at putting together a custom zine as a keepsake.
Samples from the library's special collection include:
- Soyboi! Queer Adventures in my Vegetarian Kitchen by Milo Miller
- The Amazing Cynicalman by Matt Feazell
- I Can't Stop Watching Bad Movies: 1999 by Al Hoff
- Needles for Teeth (this is a compilation of Denver creators/artists)
- Mister Density: The unofficial Crispin H. Glover fanzine! by Brocktoon, Generic Mike and Miss Jennifer Keyser
Browse through the library for ideas and then make your own travel zine showcasing your favorite travel locations, offbeat travel spots, or whatever you want to write about. (After all, that independent DIY mindset is what zine culture is all about!)
No experience necessary! Just come with an open mind and a creative spirit. Supplies are provided, but guests are welcome to bring any crafts they’ve been working on.
We'll also get a special presentation from Liz Henderson and Jon Hartman, the husband-and-wife dynamic duo behind Waves Zine. Part travel log, part guide—Waves is a window into some of the weird, inspiring, and stirring otherworldliness that inhabits our planet.
About the Denver Zine Library:
Founded in 2003, the Denver Zine Library is home to one of the largest zine collections in North America with a collection of more than 20,000 independent and alternative zines. The organization is entirely volunteer-run and works hard to preserve, protect, and promote the zine community. Proceeds from the event will go in part to funding the mission of the Denver Zine Library.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before event start time to check in.
- Event will run rain or shine.
- This event is intended for ages 12+.
- ADA: The museum has stairs and may not be accessible for all guests. Please contact james.oneill@
atlasobscura.com for additional accessibility information/questions.
- Parking: There's street parking available. The entrance is off of 24th.
Email James O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected! Check out our other events; join our Facebook Group for discussions, photos, and likeminded adventurers; subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.