Atlas Obscura is a media and experiences company dedicated to sharing the world’s hidden wonders. The company was founded in 2009 as a user-created compendium of the world's most incredible places, and these days produces award-winning journalism and chart-topping podcasts, leads unique guided trips all around the world, and has published three consecutive New York Times best selling books. Our in-house team at Studio Obscura produces award-winning branded content and live experiences powered by the same creative vision and approach.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our growing Brand Partnerships team and bring our best-in-class advertiser campaigns to life. Serving as the primary client contact, this role will be a pivotal player in the post-sales process; building relationships with our partners with the goal of growing our book of business. You should be a top-notch project manager who can oversee multiple projects that span various distribution mediums (video, audio, experiential, written) with both client and Atlas’ best interests in mind. You will be responsible for ensuring campaign success metrics and goals are established and met throughout the process and are delivering on client expectations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and execution of branded partner campaigns.
- Will establish rhythm and structure for communication with the client during those campaigns to ensure that timelines and expectations are clear and that client always feels heard, informed and a part of the process.
- Work closely with production and media teams to ensure that all campaigns, programs and projects are being delivered according to expectations.
- Lead meetings with internal teams and clients on a regular basis to review progress and performance of the campaigns in your portfolio. All meetings should have thoughtfully planned agendas and clear follow up.
- Build strong relationships with clients by acting as a trusted partner and seek opportunities to expand client relationships and business.
- Research, review and synthesize campaign insights for use in briefs, reports and/or presentations with both the Atlas Obscura and clients perspectives in mind.
- Lead the development of client reporting and deliverables in conjunction with cross-functional teams, including pacing reports, wrap reports, and recommendations for future campaigns.
- Own the facilitation of highly efficient meetings both internally and externally by clearly setting and facilitating a clear agenda
- Promptly address any client satisfaction issues with the clients and internal team members as appropriate.
- Remain on top of industry trends and issues that impact our clients’ businesses.
- May be required to travel for client management on-set during production
- 3-5+ years of account management or project management experience in media, advertising or communications
- Expertise in digital marketing, including email, search, social, paid media, marketing automation and lead generation
- Experience in the day-to-day management of digital campaigns
- Proven problem solver and conflict resolver
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with clients
- Poise and professionalism under pressure
- Prior agency experience
- Above average presentation and communication skills
- Ability to travel 10-15% based on client location
- Understanding of the following tools: Boostr, GSuite, Asana, Airtable and Keynote
- You enjoy developing and managing client relationships and have a track record of delivering best in class client services
- You are a great presenter, and can lead productive client calls
- You are an excellent writer, who has the ability to solve major challenges through a well-written email
- You are a scrappy, dexterous, and creative problem solver who Is relentless in your pursuit of delivering the highest quality work for clients
- You are a great communicator, who has the ability to work cross-functionally across a media organization and can communicate complex information to the highest level of a client
- You are relentless in the pursuit of excellence and are highly diplomatic.
- You have the ability to be in-the-weeds and hands-on, as well as function at a 30,000 foot, highly strategic level
- You are extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- You have a passion for execution; you know the sale really starts as soon as the IO is signed.
- You are a strategic and original thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
- You are insatiability curious and love learning
- You have a strong work ethic with a roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude
- You are hungry to work as a part of a fast-growing organization
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest here.
Compensation is competitive. Benefits for full-time employees include a generous time-off policy, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.