Atlas Obscura is seeking an experienced travel or hospitality customer service manager to join our growing Trips & Experiences team. Rooted in our mission to inspire curiosity about our incredible world, our small-group trips and online experiences bring the world’s hidden wonders to life. The Guest Experience Manager will oversee our customer service for travelers, online event participants, and online course students. This will include managing all aspects of our guest-facing processes through the inquiry, booking, pre-experience and post-experience phases for trips, online events, and online courses. The Guest Experience Manager will work closely with both our Director of Guest Experience and our Experience Coordinators to develop guest communications and identify ways to increase guest satisfaction and loyalty. This position will be responsible for ensuring accuracy in the travel arrangements we manage (e.g., hotel reservations and payment collection), developing customer relationships, and responding to guest service issues or on-trip emergencies. You’ll work with our Experience Coordinators, who liaise with our travelers, trip leaders, and suppliers, to ensure a seamless experience for our guests.
- Oversee all aspects of customer service operations for Atlas Obscura Experiences which includes Trips, Online Experiences, and Online Courses
- Manage the flow of information between Atlas Obscura, our guests, guides, and local service providers, working closely with our Experience Coordinators.
- Implement and maintain quality benchmarks and consistent best practices with guest-facing staff.
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy in the collection and communication of traveler information, including the coordination of extra services such as private touring or pre- and post-tour hotel stays.
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with our travelers, participants, and partners around the world.
- Build and maintain destination knowledge through research and strong communication with our trip programmers and trip leaders.
- Work with a growing, ambitious team to help shape the future of Atlas Obscura’s Trips & Experiences business.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience in customer service in the travel or hospitality industry, ideally with a tour operator
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Dedication to the experience and satisfaction of our travelers, participants, and guests
- Extremely strong, intuitive interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A creative and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to calmly, confidently handle elevated customer service issues and on-trip emergencies
- A healthy sense of humor
- A passion for Atlas Obscura’s mission of finding and sharing the world’s coolest places
Preference given to candidates with:
- Relevant destination knowledge
- Conflict-resolution or emergency-response experience
- Experience coordinating group travel
Compensation is competitive and includes equity. Benefits for full-time employees include family health, dental, and vision plans and a generous vacation policy. At Atlas Obscura we believe exploration is for everyone and encourage diverse applicants. We are committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest at the following link: https://atlasobscura.applytojob.com/apply/jMqcBJ4aNz/Guest-Experience-Manager