Church of St. Casimir – Vilnius, Lithuania - Atlas Obscura

Church of St. Casimir

A miraculous three-handed portrait of a saint can be found inside this church.  

1
1
This entry is a stub
Help improve Atlas Obscura by expanding Church of St. Casimir with additional information or photos.

This chapel was built between 1623-1636 after the canonization of the former prince of Lithuania, Casimir Jagiellon died in 1484.

Designed in the Baroque style, the chapel was crafted by Italian artists to host the silver sarcophagus of the saint. Above the sarcophagus is an icon of Saint Casimir. The icon is considered miraculous and is known as “Three-Handed St. Casimir.”

Want to see fewer ads? Become a Member.
From Around the Web