This entry is a stub
This one-screen arthouse cinema from the late 1940s still shows films, but it has also become a museum of old film equipment, including projectors, canisters, film reels, and more. A small room connects the entrance with the screen and museum and it has the most magical and intimate domed starry sky ceiling. It also has a beautiful rooftop cafe and bookshop.
The cinema first opened in 1948 as Cinemateca Nacional, and was renamed Cinemateca Portuguesa in 1980. Its collection holds more than 21,000 Portuguese works, including feature-length and short films of all genres.