This entry is a stub
Heilstatte Grabowsee was established by the German Red Cross in 1896, originally designed as a test facility. It was theorized that the fresh air in the region would aid treatment for respiratory issues like tuberculosis. Eventually, the hospital grew in size to well over 300 patients.
The hospital was seized by the Soviet Army during World War II, and was used as a military hospital.
Since then, most of the buildings have remained abandoned, but the set has found a second life as an occasional film set, having had scenes from Heilstatten and The Monuments Men filmed on site. Recently, the owners of the site have made tours available.