Sandi Hemmerlein, Atlas Obscura Los Angeles Field Agent 2013-2019
Writer, Photographer, Traveler, Romantic, Naturalist, Urbanist. Brunette living in a blonde city.
Specialties include incredible ruins, beautiful decay, disaster sites, cemeteries, ghost towns, fascinating fauna, outsider art, architecture, natural wonders, movie palaces, stained glass, factory tours, and the creepy and macabre
- Two-time ScareLA panelist & Midsummer Scream panel producer / moderator
- Contributing writer for KCET, Discover Los Angeles
- Current member of The Los Angeles Breakfast Club, Los Angeles Historic Theatre Foundation, Friends of Rockhaven (lifetime), Historical Society of Crescenta Valley, Rim of the World Historical Society
- Former Los Angeles City Historical Society Board Member, Events Committee & Social Media Chair
- Former member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, LA Conservancy, Art Deco Society, San Fernando Valley Historical Society
No purchase necessary. Winner will be selected at random on 01/01/2024. Offer available only in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico). Offer subject to change without notice. See contest rules for full details.
We'd Like You to Like Us
Like Atlas Obscura and get our latest and greatest stories in your Facebook feed.