There is a structure which looks like a cross between a temple and a fortress on Manhattan Avenue in Greenpoint.
The Greenpoint Savings Bank institution was founded in 1868, and opened for business in 1869 on Franklin Street. It occupied several different locations through the late 19th century, and finally settled into the 1906 Neo Classical structure on Manhattan Avenue and Noble Street where it can be found today. The dome is shingled in fish scale pattern, much as the Pantheon would have appeared today, had the bronze not been stolen in medieval times.
The building was designed by acclaimed architects Helmle & Huberty, proteges of famous NY architects McKim, Mead, and White. It is currently home to a Capitol One.