Atlas Obscura is a media and experiences company dedicated to sharing the world’s hidden wonders. The company was founded in 2009 as a user-created compendium of the world's most incredible places, and these days produces award-winning journalism and chart-topping podcasts, leads unique guided trips all around the world, and has published three consecutive New York Times best selling books. Our in-house team at Studio Obscura produces award-winning branded content and live experiences powered by the same creative vision and approach.
We are looking for a Director, Partnerships to join our growing Brand Partnerships team. In this role, you will work closely with our VP, Revenue to build and grow a book of business targeting advertisers in travel, finance, auto and CPG industries. You should have a passion for business and relationship development, and expertise in digital media, branded content, sponsored events, and innovative integrated marketing programs. You should also be excited by Atlas Obscura’s mission to inspire our audience with wonder and curiosity about the world.
- Generate and build new relationships with prospective clients across your designated territory (both agency and direct) whilst supporting the wider Brand Partnerships team.
- Strategically and creatively build a strong long-term pipeline that allows you to consistently achieve quarterly sales meeting goals and revenue targets.
- Interface with agencies/ clients on all aspects of campaign ideation, execution, and implementation.
- Respond to RFPs and client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Partner with the media team to create media plans that meet client objectives, ensuring the correct product mix and pricing strategies.
- Work with the pre-sale marketing team in the creation of proposal decks with a high level of attention to detail.
- Process and manage Insertion Orders utilizing Atlas Obscura’s tools and systems.
- Partner with Account Managers in the creation of and analysis for campaign wrap reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- You have 6-10 years in digital media sales, with an emphasis on branded content
- Ability to break into new accounts and build strong client relationships from the ground up. (This role is specifically focused on new business development.)
- Show a high degree of self-motivation and work well within an individual and team environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional presentation skills - creation and delivery
- Demonstrate self-direction and ability to work autonomously
- Organized, with attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- A strong list of direct client and/or agency contacts, across media agencies (Publicis, Mindshare, Havas…)
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset – and a strong desire to build your book of business from the ground up.
- You are insatiably curious and love learning.
- You can quickly respond to time sensitive requests from the internal team and clients.
- You have a strong work ethic with a roll-up-your sleeves, can-do attitude even while multitasking on several active campaigns.
- You are hungry to learn and work as a part of a fast-growing organization.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest at the following link: https://atlasobscura.applytojob.com/apply/TnFFbvzxEK/Director-Brand-Partnerships
Compensation is competitive. Benefits for full-time employees include a generous time-off policy, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.