This entry is a stub
Amazing machinery lies around everywhere - graveyard of old steam trains and wonderfully preserved brick kilns.
An ironworks was established at Dunaskin in 1848 and closed after a strike in 1921. The site operated as a brickworks until the 1970s. During the 1990s an Industrial Heritage Museum ran on the site but closed in 2005 when the local authority removed their funding.