Glendower Historic Mansion & Arboretum – Lebanon, Ohio - Atlas Obscura

Glendower Historic Mansion & Arboretum

Lebanon, Ohio

Built around 1845, this house was occupied for 100 years, serving as a home to a prosecuting attorney, a Union Civil War general, and a wealthy socialite. 

3
28
This entry is a stub
Help improve Atlas Obscura by expanding Glendower Historic Mansion & Arboretum with additional information or photos.

Erected in 1845, Glendower was given its name by the original owner, John Milton Williams, to honor the Welsh prince and hero, Owen Glendower. The house’s second illustrious owner was distinguished attorney, statesman, and Union general, Durbin Ward. The third and final owner, Ladora Scoville Owens, was a socialite and member of the DAR as well as the Warren County Historical Society. After Owen’s passing in 1944, the Warren County Historical Society purchased the property as its first home.

Know Before You Go

Open from Memorial Day through Labor Day, noon to 4 p.m.

Community Contributors
Warren County Historical Society
Added By

Make an Edit Add Photos
Want to see fewer ads? Become a Member.
From Around the Web