This entry is a stub
This medieval Abbey is tucked away in the Normandy countryside, not far from the Mont Saint-Michel. Construction on the abbey began around the end of the 12th century by Benedictine monks. The group occupied the abbey until it’s forced nationalization during the French Revolution.
The abbey was sold off in 1790, and its interior was either sold or destroyed, eventually, the abbey became a quarry during the 19th century. The abbey’s roof has been destroyed, offering a view of the sky and surrounding forest, as well as an impressive echo. The cloistered buildings have remained largely intact however, with frescoes and era cloth works still on display.