Located in the Gothic church of Saint-Laurent, the Musee Seq des Tournelles hosts a rare collection of metal signs and wrought iron objects.
Henri le Seq des Tournelles and his son created the museum from their personal collection and wanted to donate it to the Louvre, but were scared that the unusual objects of their metal library would be lost or forgotten by the museological giant. In 1921, the family created the museum, donating their works to the church.
The family’s collection began in the early 19th century, and expanded to include a huge range of iron from across Europe, and even some countries in the near east. Displayed in every corner of the church, are iron scissors, knives, guns, locks, and tons of iron decorations hung from every stone side of the church.