This entry is a stub
The Babisnauer poplar is a black poplar planted in 1808, which is also visible as a natural monument from the city area. Next to the tree is an observation tower, which offers a great view over Dresden, especially at night.
During the German War of 1866, the poplar served as a lookout with a temporarily built-in observation scaffold. According to local legend, when the poplar blossoms, which does not happen every year, it indicates that the end of a war is on the horizon.