This giveaway has closed and the winners have been contacted. Thank you!
This winter, Atlas Obscura and Nissan will celebrate the spirit of rule-breaking “rogues” with Rogue Routes, a series of five experiences at wondrous locations celebrating the trailblazing spirit of iconoclasts, daredevils, innovators, and the 2021 Nissan Rogue. And now, with this giveaway, you’ll have a chance to take part of the experience home with you!
To celebrate our partnership with Nissan, we’re giving away 10 copies of our exclusive new glove-box book, Rogue Routes, written by our cofounder Dylan Thuras. This limited-release book is our ultimate guide to unique and unexpected road trips across the United States. Take a drive to discover beautiful botanic gardens from Maine to Florida on our East Coast Garden Party, or witness close encounters in New Mexico’s desert landscape on the New Mexico Loop. Rogue Routes will not be sold in stores! But you still may be able to get your hands on a copy.
Here’s how to win: We want you to find the most rogue place in our database of wondrous places. Really, that’s it! To enter the giveaway, post your find on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter using hashtag #RogueRoutes, and explain your choice of rogue destination for a chance to win. Only 10 winners will be selected, but you can enter as many times as you want. The giveaway will close December 17, 2020. Full terms and conditions below. Good luck!
Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to entrants who post a rogue place from atlasobscura.com with #RogueRoutes on Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States of America and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Atlas Obscura and Nissan (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Atlas Obscura and Nissan, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about December 14, 2020 and ending December 18. All online entries must be received by December 17, 2020 at 11:59PM EDT.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram with with a location from atlasobscura.com, an explanation of how the location is “rogue” (subject to entrant’s definition), and the hashtag #RogueRoutes. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Atlas Obscura and Nissan. You may enter more than once and you must fill in the information requested. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Atlas Obscura and Nissan.
- Prizes: Winners will receive a copy of Rogue Routes by Dylan Thuras, retailed at $26.00 USD. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Atlas Obscura and Nissan to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Atlas Obscura and Nissan shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by any winner (at sponsor’s sole discretion) will result in such winner’s disqualification as winner of the sweepstakes and all privileges as winner will be immediately terminated.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Atlas Obscura and Nissan, anyone acting on behalf of Atlas Obscura and Nissan, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Atlas Obscura and Nissan reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Atlas Obscura and Nissan may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Atlas Obscura and Nissan. Atlas Obscura and Nissan reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Atlas Obscura and Nissan has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Atlas Obscura and Nissan reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Atlas Obscura and Nissan and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
This post is sponsored by Nissan as part of Rogue Routes, a cross-country winter celebration of the rogue spirit --- of iconoclasts, innovators, and daredevils -- and the release of the 2021 Nissan Rogue through once-in-a-lifetime socially-distanced drive-in and livestream experiences. Discover more and check out the event lineup here.